Sunday, April 12, 2015

12 April 2015- "opening that gate and helping people through it..."

“Missionary work isn't the only thing we need to do in this big, wide, wonderful Church. But almost everything else we need to do depends on people first hearing the gospel of Jesus Christ and coming into the faith. … With all that there is to do along the path to eternal life, we need a lot more missionaries opening that gate and helping people through it.”
—Jeffrey R. Holland

____________________________________________


_____________________________________________


Sunday 5 April 2015
 Everyone enjoyed conference-
 What a blessing to be able to listen to words of the Prophet and Apostles.


Yep, we testify that President Monson is a Prophet of God.
____________________________________
Monday 6 April 2015
Farewell BBQ for Elder/Hermana Ramos in the mission home
We are so grateful for their service to Mision Mexico Pachuca- we can't even imagine what how we would have survived opening a new mission without their help. They are humble, dedicated, reliable, and loving servants of the Lord. "Gracias por Todo"


 The entire mission submitted letters of gratitude and pictures to be placed in a memory book for the Ramos'. We were so pleased with the great response from so many of the missionaries and their efforts in expressing their gratitude and sharing memories or bearing their testimonies. Hermana Ramos was so touched and I could tell was going to treasure this forever. We have to say the goodbye was a little emotional for all of us. Hasta luego... "Until We Meet Again"

 Their darling daughter from Yuma Arizona came to Pachuca and stayed two weeks to visit her parents and help them drive home. She brought her two little boys that are darling! Hermana Ramos was in heaven having those grand babies close by; even though so many hours were spent in the office getting things ready for the transition of the new secretaries. We appreciate their efforts in training everyone to be up to speed on their departure.



Pictured from Left to right are the two new missionaries couples that will be replacing the Ramos' in the office.
Hermana Gomez (Referrals- New Convert paper work) , Hermana Ramos, Hermana Sanchez ( Finances),
 Elder Gomez (supplies), Elder Ramos, and Elder Sanchez (Visa's)
_____________________________________________
[ I love the efforts from our Native Spanish Speakers writing in English] 
dear president
i had written a letter for you ...but i've just felt to write you another things ...when i listened the leaders' speechs i was thinking in some question that i had in my mind and heart ...like how can i be a better missionary ? how can i be a forth missionary? how can i be a better companion for sister R? how can i help in this work ? and all my question were answered !!! For this reason a love the general conference !!!! i am so greatfull with my heavenly father for his merciful. I am so happy and i want to do my best ...for the love that i feel for my Lord !! Be obedient is easy whe we understand our purpose like son of god !! i konw that i have some weakness but in the conference i had remembered that we can overcome our wekness with the grace of Jesús ...i had remembered taht is so important teach correctly the doctrines and pinciples of the góspel ...because if the investigator didn't do this ...they won't keep the commanments

president i want to be obedient because I love my Redeemer ...this truth i have learned in my misión ....and is a truth for ever !!!

thaks for all ..thanks for your advices!! thanks for be my father in this time and forever!!!
Hermana C. 
______________________________________________
Tuesday
Bid our youngest daughter Tahlia farewell as they prepare to leave Utah for Florida to pursue graduate school. So great having her and her husband Steve here for 3 days. 
She was a lot of help and we miss her sense of humor. This was perfect timing! She loves our missionaries and understands how our hearts have grown to love 100's more. 
She loves the idea of having 100's of new brothers and sisters from around the World!
 You gotta try a street taco at Elder Doves secret spot... to get the whole Mexican experience!

Thanks Tahlia and Steve for your visit! 
Good luck in Florida- we are so proud of you both!
____________________________________________
Mision Mexico Pachuca missionaries at Work







_________________________________________
[ Native Spanish speaking Elder with 2 cycles in the mission and is now training- 
his companion stated he has the Best Trainer in the WHOLE mission]

Hola Presidente.

Quisiera comenzar agradeciéndole a mi padre celestial por la oportunidad que me da de ser misionero, se sin ninguna duda que es lo mejor que me esta pasando en la vida, esta semana me sentí feliz, preocupado tantas emociones encontradas, es algo diferente el tener un nuevo compañero pero estoy muy agradecido porque nuestro padre celestial lo puso en mi camino, he aprendido muchas cosas de mi compañero y del valor que tiene el predicar el evangelio, juntos nos ayudamos a fortalecer nuestros testimonios, he sentido el espíritu con gran intensidad en mi vida, el nos indica a quien debemos hablar y contactar, hemos encontrado muchas personas, eso me hace sentir bien, porque nuestro padre celestial prepara a las personas para que nosotros la encontremos, no tengo palabras para describir lo que he sentido en las lecciones, se que mi padre ha contestado mis oraciones, sigo esforzándome por hacer su voluntad a cada instante, se que eso me esta ayudando a cambiar mi vida , pensamientos, acciones y principalmente mis deseos a lo que quiero. También me he sentido un poco cansado, pero no cansancio físico si no espiritual, aun tengo presente que cuando me cepillo los dientes y miro al espejo y me miro como el misionero que espera mi padre celestial, amo esta obra, amo el ser misionero y principalmente amo a Dios y Jesucristo ellos son mi ejemplo, los únicos que debo seguir. De lo único que tengo miedo es de No hacer la voluntad de Dios, y perder su espirito.

Cada instante que estoy aquí en la misión puedo fortalecer mi testimonio mas y mas, quiero llegar a ser lo que Dios quiere que sea, es por eso que me estoy esforzando por lograr eso que tanto anhelo, mi compañero es un misionero muy bueno el de verdad me ayuda a seguir adelante, se que tengo que aprender mucho de el y ser un ejemplo que le pueda ayudar a ser un misionero que desee hacer lo que Dios quiere, hemos pasado experiencias muy buenas y espirituales que nos ayudan a mejorar y dar aun mas de nosotros. Se que mi padre celestial nos puso juntos por una razón y esa razón la tenemos que descubrir. Presidente quisiera agradecer por las palabras que dio el día martes me hizo sentir algo muy especial dentro de mi, por medio de usted mi padre celestial contesto mi oración, se que debo seguir esforzándome porque aun nosotros como misioneros No somos inmunes a las tentaciones, en verdad amo a Jesucristo y a mi Padre Celestial.

Presidente y Hna. Egbert les amo. Gracias por ese ejemplo y amor que nos tienen siempre les recuerdo en mis oraciones y en todo momento.
Elder D
_________________________________________




 I'm afraid to ask if there is a "captain" aboard this boat? 
Two life preservers?
 I wonder who would save who and who would go down with the Titanic?

 Our darling sisters on the left - Hermana Galarza and Hermana Molina

 "Look President- I found someone as tall as I am!"


 The church bathroom mirror totally works for a selfie!

 The rain NEVER stops in Huachinango.... soaking wet!!!

 Looks delicious Elders... perfect way to rejuvenate yourselves!

____________________________
[ English speaking Elder that arrived to the mission one week prior]
Hola!
Yo termino con mi primera semana en el campo. Esta semana fue muy bueno!
I write the rest in English because I have not yet learned to express everything in Spanish, but I hope that by next week I will be able to do this entirely in Spanish. I am loving missionary life! It is a ton of fun and it is so rewarding to preach and spread the gospel! The entire week has been filled to the brim with blessings, revelations, and spiritual experiences. I would like to share one with you.

Friday we were returning home from a good days work. As we jumped into the Combee to journey back to our house, a man inside very promptly and very directly asked, are you men of God? After we said yes he proceeded to recount a story to us. Apparently at some point that day him and his buddies were drunk and we walked by. His buddies decided that they wanted to beat us up. But this man said no, because they are men of God, and God will protect them. Little did that man know that he was the protection sent from God that day. Without him, we would probably have been mugged. From this I learned that God does truly protect his missionaries. As long as we obey his commandments, and keep his Spirit with us, we will be kept safe. How grateful I am for this experience, and for the love of God. More over I am so grateful that I was given the blessing of knowing what happened. Many times God will protect you and you will never know it. How much of a blessing it is to have gotten to know this valiant act of protection. I am truly grateful for our Heavenly Fathers watchful eye and I am grateful of the many blessings I have received. I am so grateful to be out here doing the Lords work and growing while I do.

My personal studies this week have been focused on reading the Book of Mormon and finding in it what humility means. I have always knew that the word means, but I desire to know how to live it more fully. This search for the definition of humility was inspired by my patriarchal blessing. In it, it says that if I am humble and obedient the Lord will help me and teach me during my mission. I recognized that my mission will fail if it is just me. I am full of flaws and have never known really how to teach someone about the gospel, so I decided that I would need the Lords assistance during my mission. Therefor if he says he will help me according to my humility, then I best learn how to be as humble as the very dust of the earth.

My Spanish is coming along super fast! I still do not know a ton, but I do know that I know way more than when I got here the first day. Progress is incredible! I remember on morning I sat in disbelief. I had just conversed with my companion and he understood me. I have only been out here for a week! The gift of tongues is real! Everyday I find that I can speak more than the last. In fact me and my companion have even had deep discussions... in Spanish. It is absolutely incredible.

All and all, I am loving my mission. It is such a blessing in my life, and our investigators are progressing very rapidly. We have one person with a baptismal date this month! We are also finding many new people who have been prepared for the Gospel. Our goals as a companionship is to have passed out 30 cards and talked to 30 peoples. We both leave the house in the morning with 15 and try to not return to the house with any. Finally a little about my trainer. He is the best trainer in the whole mission. I know he was truly picked by God to train me because he always knows just what to say or help me with. I am so grateful for him, and I am grateful for the standard of missionaries your endeavors have produced. There truly is no better mission then this one.

You need not worry about me! The Lord is nigh and I am eager to teach the Gospel!
Sincerely,
Elder S
__________________________________________
Wednesday 8 April 2015
Mision Mexico Pachuca Leadership Consejo


  • Asking Inspired Questions
  • Teaching with and Inviting the "Spirit" in lessons
  • Visiting: Dr and Hermana Stevens [Mexico Area Medical Directors]
  • Chicken/Pasta Salad, Fresh Fruit- Dip, Rolls, Brownie Sundaes

 Dr Stevens and his wife Peggy




 I love how attentive and sincerely they listen to President and the leaders train.

 President sharing a photo and story about the conversion of the "Marquez" family when he served his mission (many) years ago in Colombia. 





 I love it when training is concluded - the Elders whip out the tables, set them up and have tablecloths on them in no time! Lunch is fun but serious business.






 Elder Cardwell is smart to bring his shirt protector... those Elders are just jealous!


 Dr Stevens thank you for your efforts in traveling so far to visit our mission. We appreciate your service to the WHOLE country of MEXICO!






 Hermana Egbert doesn't need a spoon or ice-cream scoop when the ice-cream is too hard.
 Just give her a knife and get out of her way!
 Look at those biceps- those are from scooping too much ice cream and not eating enough apples!










 Yes, for your information. That box did not make it back to their area in one piece! 

 On their way back to their areas... fed spiritually and physically.  The weather absolutely beautiful!






Done- "Chalk up another great leadership consejo"
______________________________________________
[ English speaking sister who has only two cycles left]
Tuvimos un milagro presidente. 
Domingo vimos mi converso y el conoce hna n también de actopan. hablamos con el y todavía esta firme en el evangelio y esta progresando mucho. Yo conocí la familia de el cuando yo estaba en actopan y son muy buenas pero fue difícil ayudarles porque nunca estaban en actopan porque viven aquí en pachuca. Le gustaron nuestra mensajes y yo sentí yo necesitaba ayudar esta familia mucho pero después tuvimos cambios y me fui de actopan jaja. Yo sentí muy triste porque sentí que no podría ayudarles mas. Pues roman mi converso nos dijo domingo que su mama de el vive en área de mi líder de distrito y que van a visitarle. También los misioneras en actopan están ensenando su abuela y tío. TAMBIEN nos dijo que su papa, hermanos y madrastra viven en nuestra área. Fuimos con ellos y todos sintieron muyyyyyy felices, y quieren escuchar mas!!!!! Yo sentí muy feliz porque ahorita otra vez yo puedo ayudarles y todo su familia están escuchando!! Se que dios me da otro oportunidad ayudarles y siento muy feliz!!!! Estoy muy agradecida porque todos les qustan y estoy feliz aquí!!! todo esta muy bien president!!!!!!!!
Hermana P
_________________________________________
Thursday
The leaders regurgitate all they learned yesterday at leadership consejo to each of their zones. President traveled to 3 zones for special interviews with missionaries, the assistants who are also serving this cycle as zone leaders took care of their own zone in Pachuca Sur, the SLTT went to Tecamac 2 to assist, and I traveled to Tezontepec Zone. 
DIVIDE AND CONQUER!!!

 A great group of missionaries in this zone with humble spirits.

 "Did we get it all?"

 Practices... everyone's favorite part! LOL 
But they are key in a higher success of implementing the concepts taught. 
If we don't practice we won't use them- it's only a warm fuzzy thought.










 Grateful for the talent so willingly shared for the benefit of so many!


 I said, "Ok now a funny picture!"  and this is what I got. 
"Seriously serious"

This tree is one of my favorites and so are all these missionaries!

_________________________________________
[English Speaking Hermana from Utah at her one year mark]

Hola Presidente! :) 
Pues primeramente estoy muy muy muy feliz y agradecida por estar aquí en Tulancingo y con la Hermana D. Esta semana fue amazing! Aprendí muchas cosas nuevas y vi tantas milagros que el Señor nos dio. No tengo duda que usted Presidente es muy inspirado y siempre es guiado por el Padre para saber donde necesitamos estar. Aun estoy buscando porque estoy aquí exactamente pero sé que el padre tiene su razones. En mi lectura del Libro de Mormon todavia voy atrasado pero siento pues como voy en donde necesito estar. Estaba leyendo hoy y leí en Alma acerca de los nefitas que siempre se olvidan de Dios y tantos milagros que les había dado. Vi muchas veces la pregunta ¿como habéis olvidado? Y me di cuenta de cuan importante es siempre recordad. Y me hizo reflexionar y recordé mi primer entrevista con usted :) recuerdo ese día con mucha claridad. Como nueva misionera con una semana a penas en la misión estaba muy frustrada porque no podía hablar no conocía mi area y muchas mas cosas. Pero me acuerdo en la mañana antes del entrevista la oración que hice a mi padre celestial y mis lagrimas encima de la silla recordándome de mi salvador y el sacrificio que él hizo por mi para que nunca estuviera sola. Le conté esa experiencia y me acuerdo tan claramente que mi dijo, "Quiero que haga una cosa, cuando Hermana Riding sabe hablar bien el español, conoce su area perfectamente, y tiene mucho tiempo en la misión recuerde los lagrimas encima de la silla y recuerde que todo es gracias a nuestro salvador." Sé sin duda reflexionando que es cierto yo solo no puedo en cada paso mi salvador está ahi guiándome y ayudándome. Gracias por esas palabras tan inspiradas en el principio de mi misión me han ayudado muchisimo.
Y ahora para contarle algunos de los milagros que hemos visto. Él señor no ha estado guiando muchisimo. Miercoles ibamos en una combi y estabamos enseñando acera del libro de mormon al finalizar preguntamos si podíamos visitarles para compartir mas y un hombre que se llama Jaime nos dijo, "Si, yo les he estado buscando" largo historia mas corto fuimos a su casa y el habia hablado con misioneros en pachuca pero perdió contacto con ellos, aceptó fecha y fue a la capilla :) encontramos tambien a otro hombre que se llama arturo y tambien aceptó fecha :) y esta tan dispuesto es milagroso la verdad. Hemos encontrado muchas buenas personas y pudimos tener muchas personas en la capilla y eso me llena de alegria :) Siento como estoy siendo un instrumento en las manos del señor y no hay un sentimiento mejor. Estoy de acuerdo con algo que Hermana Contreras dijo y es que nunca pensé que podía ser tan feliz :) Gracias Presidente por todo la verdad le agradezco tanto por todo lo que hace por nosotros sus hijos. Es el mejor papá de la misión en todo el mundo :) Le amo mucho.

Hermana R
___________________________________
Friday 10 March 2015
Interviews and House Checks in Mezquital Zone
Presidents most favorite time of the cycles
 Preparing for time with President (above) 
and being instructed (below) from the zone leaders on specifics related to the importance of making ten contacts and how to work more effectively with members. Also reviewed area books/ telephones/ and agendas.


 I'm going to say that their second favorite part of the interviews are the homemade sugar cookies/frost your own and the juice boxes.








 They look pretty stressed out- don't you agree?


So what do I do?
Oh- just Check houses, deliver missionaries to the church, make sugar cookies and "TALK" way too much! They don't believe a thing I say... I think "tolerate" best describes it!  Love all our missionaries and found every house in this zone PERFECT with cleanliness, order, and all had their emergency funds and five envelopes in use and all but one had the 4 required medications. JOB WELL DONE MEZQUITAL. 
Setting the bar high for everyone else in the mission.... ugh ohh....
GO < FIGHT < WIN


 






 



_______________________________



 ____________________________________




_________________________________

 ______________________________________




_________________________________________
Sunday- (No rest for the wicked on these days) 12 April 2015
President assisted per a Bishops request in a ward council
Returned - Preparing Missionary Fireside in the Mezquital Stake 
(President did an outstanding job!) 
Special Fast in the Tezontepec Zone for an Elders Father who was in a motorcycle wreck this weekend... (thank you zone leaders for including us) 
"Weekly letter" to missionaries by President and "list of blessings"
Blog updated.... 
I'm headed for my diet coke at this minute... 8:51 pm! 
Love to family and friends from all of us here in Mision Mexico Pachuca 
the BEST MISSION IN THE WORLD. Because they send the best here to serve!
_______________________________
Picture Gallery
 Who says we can't play in here? 
____________________________________

.....Esta semana Tuve una experiencia bien bonita, tan tan espiritual...
Eran cerca de las 7 y caminabamos en un Jardin de aqui con la esperanza de encontrar a alguien... Finalmente encontramos 1 pareja y les contactamos, cuando hube dicho "Somos representantes de Jesucristo", el Señor se levantó y empezó a injuriarnos con la Iglesia y que no podiamos decir eso, nadie nos habia dado el derecho de decirlo... Yo le contesté.. Hemos sido llamadas por un profeta de Dios a declarar.... Rápidamente dijo no aceptar un profeta hoy en día  y que Todo absolutamente Todo lo que predicabamos era Falso... Pacientemente Escuchamos todo su discurso (algo que he desarrolado aqui ) y luego volví a presentarnos... (mi compañera es muy muy tímida cuando las peronas se ponen así).. así que yo hablé Le contesté algunas preguntas que él tenia, siempre siendo tan pero tan agresivo con su forma de hablar... Hablamos un poco de los profetas, del Espíritu Santo.. Rápidamente me pude dar cuenta de que Era Cristiano y que habia estudiado perfectamente las críticas en  contra de la iglesia.. asi que con toda la amabilidad que junté.. simplemente le dije.. Hno. Nosotras solamente hemos venido aqui a declararle la verdad. Y esta es la verdad, que el Evangelio de Jesucristo se ha restaurado y usted asi como nosotras lo puede saber... 
Mientras yo le contesté sus preguntas el continuamente me interrumpía con sus razones de "hombre" Asi que luego de rogar al Padre por ese Señor tan duro.. sentí fuertemente.. deja de contestar sus preguntas y comienza a compartir tu testimonio...
Tan pronto como comenzé a compartir mi testimonio, el señor cesó de  hablar y comenzó a oir.. Fue tan tan fuerte el Espíritu enserio tan maravilloso.. que ya habia pasado 30 min de tanta charla.. asi que finalmente mi compañera compartió su testimonio tambien, le invitamos a orar con us y le regalamos un LDM. 


El Espíritu sentido fue tan tan fuerte que empezé a sentirme tan debil.. tan debil... y como tengo esa capacidad.. comenzé a llorar (es uno de mis talentos) :D mi compa cerca de mi.. fue un super apoyo porque tan rápido comenzé a llorar ella lloró conmigo y fue una grata experiencia. me dijo "Jamás en mis 10 meses de mision habia sentido algo como esto" y pronto me dí cuenta de que yo tampoco.

Ese día pude comprender y hoy puedo testificar que nuestro Padre Celestial tiene en cuenta a todos sus hijos y especialmente pude sentir como está al tanto de está humilde sierva suya. Sé con todo mi amor que en esa noche su Espíritu mismo se hizo presente y sus ángeles nos cuidaron y nos cuidan y nos cuidarán por siempre.

Gracias por todo presidente!..

Con cariño, su hijita.!!
_________________________________________________


We even have our own super heroes in the mission! 

No comments:

Post a Comment